Sunday, February 17, 2019

3rd Week - Teaching Practice

My mentor teacher, Mr. RS, gave me the opportunity to teach in 12SHS STEM A13, 12 SHS STEM A12, and 12 SHS STEM A14. Before teaching Mr. RS has given me an example of a lesson plan to learn, after that I prepared my lesson plan* and power point* for preparation for teaching. Before teaching, I also did not forget to consult material, lesson plans, powerpoint slides, and performance tasks to Mr. RS. He gave me many suggestions for perfecting everything before teaching. 


Then on the day(4th February 2019), I practiced all the lesson plans about the "circulatory system", I started with quizzes, this is a quiz to guess the main topic so the student can think about it first, then after the student can guess that our topic for today is "circulatory system", I moved on with the definitions. After that its my turn to explain them about the parts of the heart, I used the 3D application in my Macbook, so they can see the detail of the hearts.


and for last part is circulation mechanisms. I used the video about the mechanism circulation as my media. After all, I ended by giving them an online quizzes that were done with the group. and then after all I revised and improved my teaching from the comments of my cooperative teacher for the next class. 

Time management and organizing activities

For the time management, since I only have one hour to teach then I was divided into three sections. The first section was opening activity, then the second time was the main activity, and for the last one was closing activity. Time allocation for the learning in the class by 3 part. First was an opening activity, second was the main activity, and the last was the closing activity. 



The opening activities are filled with greetings, motivation, and learning goals. Since I had to teach 'circulatory system' then the main activities started with the definition of circulatory itself, and focusing on the structure of hearts, and then after that the mechanism of circulatory in human body. For the closing activities, we had a games, its an online quiz by groups also we had a reflection and greeting in the end.

Problem-solving

The students in the class are very active and tend to have great curiosity, therefore the teacher must have the right strategy in dealing with it, one of the ways I do that is by giving them motivational activities at the beginning of learning, for example with "fun fact of the heart" . this is useful to add to their curiosity, besides that, providing explanations using 3d applications in studying the heart can also make students understand and excited, as well as giving videos. Not only those strategies, but in exploring students' abilities, I also asked a bunch of questions about the material and then I gave the students to think and explain or giving an example about it so that students can develop their abilities.



Classroom management

The students in T.I.P Quezon City Senior High School tend to have a large number of around 50 students per class, therefore in class management, the first thing that must be considered is having a loud voice, besides that when the atmosphere starts to noisy, I must be able to restore the atmosphere to calm down by giving them understanding.

You can download my lesson plan and powerpoint here:



I will never ever forget this day....




No comments:

Post a Comment