Saturday, February 16, 2019

2nd Week - Assisting Week

Assisting Week

(2nd Week)



The assisting week start 28-31 January 2019, after 7 days of observing teacher activities. This week, I had the opportunity to help teachers in their teaching and learning activities. My activities in becoming an assistant started on Monday (28th January 2019) in class 12 SHS STEM A12. 

I was given the trust to guide the students in operating a microscope. After last week they learned about the plant structure of dicotyl and monocotyl plants. Then that day they were asked to observe parts of the roots, stems, leaves and flowers (pollen) of each dicotyledonous and monocotyl plant.


I saw that they had brought their plants to each group. Each group received a microscope, when the lesson began the teacher gave an example of how to use a microscope and how to obtain an object to be observed in a microscope. But after being explained of course there are still many students who don't know how to operate a microscope, then I come to help them. Many of them asked for the functions of the microscope and also they asked me how to get the incision, then asked if the one that they made could be used for the microscope observation or not, they were like "is it correct maam?". Some of them find it difficult to make thin objects, especially when cutting leaves. 



But I always help them if they have difficulties, I also always answer or direct the things they ask. although it was difficult to get a thin incision, but I applauded that they did not give up on making it, so in the end they managed to get a good picture of the plant structure. I was very happy when I saw their faces who were amazed by their hard work of cutting the roots, stems, leaves and flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment